Graduate Programs in Data Science and Business Analytics
The DSBA program at UNC Charlotte offers an exceptional educational experience for aspiring data science and business analytics leaders. With a comprehensive course format and a distinguished faculty composed of industry experts, the School of Data Science DSBA program provides a truly unique graduate education in one of the top cities to launch a career.The DSBA program consists of two program options:
- Graduate Certificate in Data Science and Business Analytics: 15 credit hours comprised of the core courses that make up the foundation of the Master's degree. Students can earn the Graduate Certificate as a stand-alone credential, or choose to continue on to the master's degree. All 15 credits can be applied to the M.S. degree.
- Master's Degree in Data Science and Business Analytics: 33 credit hour/11-course sequence divided into:
- Core Requirements: 18 credit hours/6 classes that focus on the foundational skills in data munging, statistical validation, and coding
- Electives: 12 credit hours/4 classes that allow students to focus on advanced analytics, AI and Deep Learning techniques, Modeling, and Natural Language Processing
- Practicum/Internship: A 3-credit-hour applied learning experience.
The SDS DSBA program is designed to meet the individual needs of our students. Our master’s program offers the flexibility to complete the Master's degree in 15 months as a full-time or in as little as 24 months as a part-time student. Evening courses are conveniently held at UNC Charlotte’s Dubois Center, located in the heart of Center City Charlotte and within walking distance of the Light Rail. Classes are held year-round, during two 15-week semesters (fall and spring) and summer sessions.