The DSBA master’s program will waive the GRE/GMAT test requirement for applicants who have earned a degree from an accredited U.S. institution with a cumulative undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
M.S. DSBA Degree Requirements
The M.S. in Data Science and Business Analytics is a professional master’s degree focused on applied learning. It allows students to move beyond core competencies and pursue cutting-edge graduate-level research while developing practical business skills.
33 graduate credits hours (11 courses) are required to earn an M.S. DSBA degree
- Core Required Courses- 18 credit hours
- DSBA 6160 – Database Systems for Data Scientists
- DSBA 6201 – Business Intelligence and Analytics
- DSBA 5122 – Visual Analytics and Storytelling
- DSBA 6276 – Strategic Business Analytics
- DSBA 6156 – Applied Machine Learning
- DSBA 6211 – Advanced Business Analytics
- Elective Courses – 12 credit hours (The full list of course electives can be found in the Graduate Catalog.)
- Internship/Practicum = 3 credit hours
- The DSBA master’s degree does not have a thesis requirement. Instead, all students are required to participate in an internship/practicum lasting a minimum of 160 project hours.
A full-time student (9-12 credit hours/3-4 classes per semester) can complete the program in roughly 15-18 months. A part-time student (3-6 credit hours/1-2 classes per semester) can complete the program in approximately 24 months.