Graduate Certificate Requirements
The DSBA's Graduate Certificate is a popular starting point for individuals interested in potentially continuing to the M.S. degree. All credits earned in the Graduate Certificate can be applied to the requirements for the M.S. degree.
In addition to the general requirements for admission to UNC Charlotte's Graduate School, the following are required for the Graduate Certificate in Data Science & Business Analytics:
- A bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, from a regionally accredited college or university
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 (based on a 4.0 scale) on all previous coursework completed beyond high school
- An online application through the Graduate School’s application system
- A statement of purpose
- Unofficial transcripts of all attempted college coursework
- Optional – Resume or CV
- Current working knowledge of one higher-level (procedural) language, and familiarity with computer applications.
- Minimal background in mathematics, including one semester of calculus and one semester of statistics.
- Please visit the Graduate School's admission website and create an account. Then, follow the application instructions.