Master’s of Science
The DSBA master’s program will waive the GRE/GMAT test requirement for applicants who have earned a degree from an accredited U.S. institution with a cumulative undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
The GRE can also be waived if the applicant holds a terminal degree (Ph.D., MD, or JD) or the applicant has earned a degree from an accredited institution in the United States with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Master’s of Science: Admissions Requirements
The School of Data Science seeks a diverse group of DSBA students. Applications are evaluated on a number of factors, including past academic performance, GRE scores, statement of purpose and relevant work experience.
In addition to the online application, the following are required for acceptance:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Unofficial transcripts of all academic work attempted beyond high (secondary) school can be used for admission review. An official final transcript must be submitted if an applicant is offered admission.
- Three letters of recommendation (Academic and/or Professional)
- Statement of purpose describing the applicant’s experience and objectives in undertaking graduate study in Data Science and Business Analytics
- Official GRE or GMAT test scores are required for international applicants.
The GRE/GMAT can be waived if the applicant holds a terminal degree (Ph.D., MD, or JD). or the applicant has earned a degree from an accredited institution in the United States with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Official scores from either the TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo assessment are required for applicants whose first language is not English.
The English language assessment can be waived if the applicant has earned a degree from an accredited institution in the United States with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Current working knowledge of one higher-level (procedural) language, and familiarity with computer applications.
- One semester of calculus and one semester of statistics.
- Please visit the Graduate School’s admission website and create an account. Then, follow the application instructions.
Master’s of Science: degree requirements
The M.S. in Data Science and Business Analytics is a professional master’s degree focused on applied learning. It allows students to move beyond core competencies and pursue cutting-edge graduate-level research while developing practical business skills.
33 graduate credits hours (11 courses) are required to earn an M.S. DSBA degree
- Core Required Courses- 18 credit hours
- DSBA 6160 – Database Systems for Data Scientists
- DSBA 6201 – Business Intelligence and Analytics
- DSBA 5122 – Visual Analytics and Storytelling
- DSBA 6276 – Strategic Business Analytics
- DSBA 6156 – Applied Machine Learning
- DSBA 6211 – Advanced Business Analytics
- Elective Courses – 12 credit hours (The full list of course electives can be found in the Graduate Catalog.)
- Internship/Practicum = 3 credit hours
- The DSBA master’s degree does not have a thesis requirement. Instead, all students are required to participate in an internship/practicum lasting a minimum of 160 project hours.
A full-time student (9-12 credit hours/3-4 classes per semester) can complete the program in roughly 15-18 months. A part-time student (3-6 credit hours/1-2 classes per semester) can complete the program in approximately 24 months.