The Data Science and Business Analytics program continuously evolves to meet current industry needs. Therefore, the curriculum will continue to evolve throughout your studies. You can find current course offerings in Banner Self-Service. For course descriptions, visit UNC Charlotte's Graduate School Course Catalog.
The schedule for the next semester usually is published a month before registration formally opens to allow time for students to meet with advisors and plan their schedule.
- Fall Registration: Schedule published on the web in early March, formal registration in early April
- Spring Registration: Schedule published on the web in early October, formal registration in early November
- Summer Registration: Schedule published on the web in early December, formal registration in early April (Concurrent with Fall registration)
Step By Step Registration:
- Select the Student Services/Student Accounts tab
- Select Registration
- Select Add/Drop/Withdraw Classes
- Make sure the term selected in the Select a Term drop-down box is correct
- Select Submit
- Type one Course Reference Number (CRN) into each field. If you do not know the CRNs for the classes you wish to take, select Class Search.
- Select Submit Changes. A screen confirming your registration should appear. If any of the classes for which you wanted to register do not appear in the Current Schedule area, scroll down the page to view the error messages, which will tell you why you were not able to register. A list of error messages with solutions can be found HERE.
Student Advising- What courses should I take?
Each semester we will schedule group advising sessions, both in-person and virtual, for new and continuing students. Please check Upcoming Events on the DSBA website for group advising sessions. You can also reach out directly to your advisor to schedule a meeting to discuss course options prior to registering. To locate information on your academic advisor, log in to my.charlotte.edu, then visit: My Records > Class Schedule > General Student Records.
Generally, all new students will start with the following courses below. Using your UNC Charlotte credentials, you can reg
- DSBA 6160 Databases For Data Scientists
- DSBA 6201 Business Intelligence and Analytics
New students planning on a full-time schedule (9+ credit hours) will add one or two of the following courses to their schedule:
- DSBA 6276 Strategic Business Analytics
- DSBA 5122 Visual Analytics and Storytelling
Students that have completed the four core classes above, will need to request authorization(s) to register for upper-level courses. To receive authorization, you can submit your request through the DSBA Authorization Portal, or by contacting their advisor with the following information:
- Student ID #
- Course Title
- Course Registration Number (CRN#)
Once the course registration authorizations have been issued, students register for courses using the UNC Charlotte portal, my.charlotte.edu.
Additional information and FAQs can be found here.